Over the past seven years teaching yoga full time, I have had a lot of fun defying popular messages about yoga teachers making little money, or having to live on the fringe of society. With the right mindset and professional practices, I have found quite the opposite to be true:
Being a wellness professional means the possibilities for success are limitless.
A few years ago when I was filing my taxes and realized that I had earned more than my father did in his prime as a lawyer, I knew this to be true.
To further my point, here are a few noteworthy professional accomplishments:
- Creating signature programs for Equinox Fitness Clubs, and being flown to major cities around the country (plus London) to share and train dozens of other fitness professionals in my formats.
- Acting as spokesperson for Regeneration for Equinox and Yoga Tune Up®, appearing in major EQX ad campaigns and on ExtraTV, TheCoveteur.com, the upcoming Balance Festival in London and presenting at ECA World Fitness Conference.
- Co-creating a 200-hour teacher training at Dou Yoga that bolstered my professional reputation and income, while also deeply connecting me with my own understanding and expertise.
- Becoming lead teacher trainer for Yoga Tune Up®, leading trainings at prestigious and interesting spots such as Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, SOHO YogaWorks, and a charming little studio called YogaZone in Corigaline Ireland :).
- Designing and starring in the recently released Yoga Fundamentals series for DailyBurn.com.
- Presenting at ivy league universities Harvard and Yale on topics around yoga therapy and mindfulness.
- Being hired by Showtime as yoga consultant for the TV show The Affair, doing private coaching with lead actors and even being offered a spot on the show myself.
- Over the years I have had more opportunities than I can possibly fill. I regularly turn down offers for classes, workshops and privates because my schedule is already booked.
These are just a few of my significant career accomplishments that have happened in a relatively short period of time as a professional yoga and meditation teacher. And it must be noted that…
The more authentic I am, the more opportunities come my way.
I don’t post anything on social media that I don’t believe in. I teach the methods and messages I deeply value. In no way do I compromise my own ethics or beliefs in my teaching or public presentation.
I have made a career out of being true to myself and I believe that you can too.
Other wellness professionals regularly reach out to me seeking advice to bring their career to the next level, but cannot afford one-one-one coaching that would go in-depth enough to truly transform their career trajectories.
But if you know me at all, you know I LOVE to help others uncover their own unique gifts and go big for the career (and life) they want!
So I decided to put together a group coaching program to help teachers take their business to the next level, without breaking the bank. Check it out…
Ariel’s course provided me clear actionable steps for progressing towards my goals that were hidden under layers of past stuff. She created a nurturing container for the transformation necessary for me to glide into alignment with dreams stewing in my heart.
-Spring 2018 participant
The Business of Yoga Success Course
Five Sunday Evening Sessions ~ September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
All sessions 8-9pm EST
*Group is limited to 6 participants
- Week 1: Dreamscape – Most of us don’t have just one career dream, we have several possible paths that pique our enthusiasm and interest. In the first week you will examine your various possible “dream streams” to get to know your conscious and unconscious professional desires. This will orient and focus the work to come.
- Week 2: Here & Now – In the second week you will delve into the reality of where you make most of your profit, and spend most of your energy in the here and now. By holding this up against your Dreamscape, you will be able to consciously decide where to spend your precious energy and make a clear and definite plan on how to move forward.
- Private Session 1 – Between Week 2 and Week 3 we will schedule a 1/2 hour private session to do an exercise called “The 7 Layers Deep” which will identify unconscious drives and customize your professional goals.
- Week 3: Get Special – Specialization is the key to exponentially enhancing your earnings and professional stature, but it’s more than meets the eye. In Week 3 you will learn how to both move toward clear professional expertise, and highlight your own “specialness” through all you do. This gives you an irreplaceable presence, and incomparable market value.
- Week 4: To Market To Market! – In the fourth week you get granular by building a marketing platform template that reflects your values and goals as a professional yoga teacher. This is the connective tissue between your career dreams and the here and now. And don’t worry, it won’t be carved in stone. It’ll be fluid – like fascia. So you can keep working with it and customizing it to your evolving career as time goes on.
- Private Session 2 – Between Weeks 4 and 5 we will schedule a private session to ensure that you’ve got a detailed plan for Specialization that’s completely unique to You.
- Week 5: The Art of Allowing – In our final week you will identify the practices that keep you in balance pursuing your goals, while also being open to the ways that Spirit guides you. Sometimes working less and meditating more is actually what will lift your career to the next level! This week is all about fostering a deep sense of trust in yourself and your future.
What You Get for Your Money
This five-week course is a distillation of my most potent self-inquiry and career-building practices and habits that have kept me moving, growing and earning as a professional yoga and meditation instructor. By moving through the Biz of Yoga Success Course, you will customize these practices to your path.
- Five topic-specific 90-minute Group Coaching Sessions via Zoom video conference
- Two half-hour individual sessions (during Week 3 and Week 5)
- Weekly homework exercises to customize the topics to your goals
- Review and feedback on all homework to inspire next-level thinking
- A support group of other wellness professionals – there’s something about the group mind that tends to take everyone to the next level 🙂
TOTAL COST: $349
Space is limited to 6 participants to maximize the attention I give each person.
*ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE READY TO SERIOUSLY DIVE IN. This course will ask you to dig deep on a lot of levels and I don’t want you to waste your time and money. If you’re ready to put it in fifth and press the pedal to the metal, I’d love to have you!
From an April participant:
I would take this course again in a heartbeat. Ariel has such a natural and friendly way of teaching and the way she organizes the course material makes it very approachable and fun. I was a little nervous going into it as I don’t have much teaching experience, but that didn’t matter to Ariel. She meets each student where they are and tailors the course to each person.
It was wonderful to meet via Zoom, as I live in Seattle and I was still able to take this wonderful course with her (and all the other Brooklyn participants). Having the meetings via video also made me feel like I was really part of the group.
Ariel is really there to support you and when I was really struggling with one of the assignments, she offered to have an extra individual call with me, which was so thoughtful. She didn’t have to do that, but she did.
I also loved that we had one full week to sit with and digest the material we learned each Sunday. The exercises and worksheets we completed will prove to be very useful for a long time to come, and I will continue to look at and revise mine as my goals develop and change. I’ve had a couple major life shifts happen since taking the course, and I wish I could re-take the class given these new developments!